NEW WEBSITE

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Gemsbok female antelope

I've been working on this figurine for quite some time now, with the help from friends who I asked to review it. It's a new type of clay I'm using which is oven cured, enabling me to spend as much time as I like. So I cured it in the oven yesterday and here she is:
Gemsbok (Oryx gazella)
I hope to make moulds from this figurine, hence the unpainted model. It will be the first time I make a mould from one of my figurines, so I'm a little nervous!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Paul! I've been looking at your website, how wonderful to have a B&B in Africa!

      Delete
    2. And I love your artwork, such gorgeous paintings.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the nice comments! Now if I could only sculpt as good as you I would be really happy! For such a young lady you have a great eye for detail and your painting of your sculptures is excellent-I was also blown away by your brothers video of you working on the Gemsbok casts-excellent-it puts my feable attempts to shame-keep up the good work! P.S. love the flycatcher!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much again Paul, glad you liked the video too!

    ReplyDelete